Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Beauty Quickie: Kailijumei Lipstick


WHO: Kailijumei

WHAT:
Kailijumei Lipstick

HOW (it looks, smells, cost etc.): 
Translucent, jelly look, with a dried flower  and gold flakes floating in the center. The It's not heavily fragranced but smells a bit sweet (I can't 100% place the smell). The packaging is perfection (see the video below for how it works), shiny red, with a built in mirror. I wish all my lipsticks were packaged this way.


Price Point: $25 from the Kailijumei website (which is frequently sold out) , but I found mine on Alibaba for $6.95 each.
 

KEY INGREDIENTS:
Some of the natural ingredients are candelilla resin, cocoa butter, beeswax and lavender oil. (that's the claim)

* This product also claims to be cruelty free, which is odd because to my knowledge all cosmetics in China require animal testing. (Still trying to figure this one out).




 
WHERE TO BUY:
Kailijumei

Alibaba

Also check them out on  Instagram

 
 

THE VERDICT: 

This is a really fun product, I'm not sure I would pay $25 for it, since the color (on that day) didn't change that much for me. They are basically all versions of "pink" that based on your body temperature changes colors. So depending on the day or you "mood" the shade will definitely change. Another thing I did like about it beyond the fabulous packaging is that it lightly stains your lips so you are left with brush of color after some of the shine wears off. Finally for those of you (somewhat like me) who like "clean" beauty I have to assume it's NOT "cleanest" product, while it has some natural ingredients, the color change aspect requires some chemicals I'm assuming. That being said the natural ingredients it does have makes it very moisturizing, and could be worn everyday (without having to put balm on first). All in all it's good but not great, check out the application, and colors in the video below.
 
 

Overall Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Stars


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...