Tuesday, December 22, 2015

My Fitbit Story


I usually try not to bring anything that can be seemingly negative to the blog. However today I have a complaint with a Bay Area based (San Francisco) company’s wearable, the Fitbit.  We’ve all heard of the device before, and seen it on the wrist of so many, but until I got one I didn’t hear anyone complain about it.

 
I originally got a Fitbit Charge HR in May of 2015 and less than 3 months later (July), the band began to bubble up and then the band started lifting completely from the hardware. Mind you, I don’t wet it or do anything crazy with it (I originally got it to track sleep).  So I reached out to Fitbit and what I will say is they have excellent  customer services. All I had to do is email the issue and send two pictures; I had a new device within a week.  Of course this isn’t the end of my story, my replacement devices band began to malfunction in the same way in September of 2015 (less than 3 months). Again the process was easy to get a replacement.

First Fitbit Charge HR

First Fitbit Charge HR
Now it’s December 2015 and the band of my 3rd Fitbit Charge HR is malfunctioning, at this point I don’t want a replacement I’d rather a refund. I was told I wasn’t eligible for one (hey I understand its business), but what got under my skin was they offer of 25% off their Fitbit Surge (a larger device/upgrade).  So they want me to spend more money on their products? Wow, that’s just crazy, especially since I know that the Surge devices are also prone to band issues per a coworker’s watch and a friend.  I wrote this blog to vent a little, but also to warn other consumers that just because a wearable is the most popular, or has the most commercials don’t mean it’s the best. Also just because you haven’t heard of problems with the device personally (through your immediate circles) doesn’t mean they are without issues.

Final Fitbit Charge HR
Final Fitbit Charge HR


 

If you have any recommendations on quality wearables/fitness trackers please let me know.


Note: I didn't  have pictures from the second time because at that point they didn't even request any

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...