Friday, November 20, 2015

Beauty Quickie: Empire Squid Coconut Spice Organic Body Butter

WHO: Empire Squid

WHAT:
Coconut Spice Organic Body Butter

HOW (it looks, smells, cost etc.):
Medium density, off white butter meets balm texture (a little thicker/richer than just coconut oil), smells like a really moist fresh out of the oven spice cake (YUM).  It’s simply packaged in a glass container with a twist off cap.


Price Point: $18 for 4oz and $33 for 8oz   (a little goes a long way)

KEY INGREDIENTS:
Certified Organic Coconut Oil, beeswax*, kukui nut oil, Certified Organic apricot kernel oil, hazel nut oil, Certified Organic almond oil, certified organic sweet orange essential oil, certified organic lime peel essential oil, certified organic clove bud essential oil, certified organic cinnamon leaf essential oil, coriander seed essential oil, and vitamin E. 

 

*Beeswax can be replaced with Candelilla Wax if you prefer a vegan formulation.



 





WHERE TO BUY:

Empire Squid (on Etsy) or the Empire Squid website

Also check them out on  Facebook
 
 


THE VERDICT:
Fret not, I still use
Belle Butters Premium Whipped Shea Butter (it’s my day time moisturizer), but this is 100% replacing the plain coconut oil. I usually use coconut oil straight from the jar (I have a kitchen and a bathroom jar), but when I was shopping for my Red Raspberry Oil (you must try that too), I came upon this wonderfully gourmand scented butter.Like the rest of Empire Squid products (I use a couple for my face), you get great quality at a justifiable price point. This wonderful butter melts into your skin, leaving it as soft and supple as a new born. I definitely need to get this in the 8oz size. 

 



Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...