Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Beauty Quickie: DevaCurl SUPERCREAM


 

WHO: DevaCurl

WHAT:
SuperCream

HOW (it looks, smells , cost etc.):
Medium density  white cream,  most notably it smells better than any DevaCurl product I’ve experience (faintly sweet coconut). The packaging is a bit awkward as you can’t truly control how much you are getting out in a pump, it would be much better in a screw off top container.

Price Point: $28 for 5.1 oz. that may seem pricey but a little goes a long way (it has excellent slip).  

KEY INGREDIENTS:
Coconut Oil, Jojoba Protein, and Corn Starch (this is what they are using as part of anti-frizz and hold)
Free of the following:





Phthalates

DEA/MEA/TEA

Sulfates

Silicones

Paraffins
 

 

WHERE TO BUY:

DevaCurl.com

If you are in the SF Bay Area, you can find the product on the shelves of The Beauty Center Stores. Per DevaCurl, the product will be on the shelves of Sephora and Ulta by the end of the month.

THE VERDICT:
I use at the very least two DevaCurl products every time I wash my hair, so trying this was very exciting for me.  Supercream claims to do everything that is needed for super curly (aka highly textured, coily, African American Hair), and it really does.  I can stand by all the claims they are making on their site, the only thing with this is it does not provide enough hold. I’m used to being able to wear styles for a week and after 3 days by hair looked 7 days old.  I could quickly remedy this by placing a tiny bit of gel on top of the product (which I’ll do in the future), but in order for this product to be perfect it would have to be reformulated with more hold to be truly the only product I need to style, define, and moisturize.


Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars (Almost Perfect)

 

Check out a more detailed review and how I used the product:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...