Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Run for Another with Janji


 
 
I know I don’t talk about it much on the blog, but I’m fairly active with CrossFit, Yin Yoga, and running being my favorite activities.  Prior to a minor injury that I’m  “actively” (still working out but being very cautious) I came across a brand for running called Janji. Janji has taken the platform of some of the eyewear brands, by not just supply a fashionable and functional product but also giving back in return. I have a couple pair of their running shorts which I absolutely love and I can wear both on runs and at CrossFit,  not to mention my purchase helped another!

 


Here is how they brand came to be:

 

It was one of the hottest days of the year when Mike Burnstein and Dave Spandorfer were on their way to the Division III NCAA Track and Field Championships. They recognized how lucky they were to have water to cool them down and rehydrate, but also realized that a better part of the rest of the world doesn't share this same luxury.

 



From there, Janji was born. The founders took great pride in creating something that allows runners to give back not just on race day, but every day through what they wear. Today, Janji boasts collections from 8 different countries in Africa, South/Central America, Asia, and the U.S. Every piece of apparel can give from a week up to three years of clean water to someone living in that country, through partnerships with water.org, Living Water International, MSABI and DIGDEEP.

 

Janji means 'promise' in Malay, and the Janji promise is to foster a community of kindred runners that want to run not only for themselves, but Run For Another.

 


Check out the brand in action:

 



Photo Credit: Janji

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...