Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Vintage Point: My day at the Alameda Point Vintage Faire



This was my first time back at the Alameda Point Vintage Faire since missing the last two; it was also a change of venue for both me and the event itself. This ear it was held at Michaan’s Auction Annex right next to St. George Spirits on the old Alameda base.  The theme for this year was WWII/40’s Vintage ( pin up girl city), and the venue which was an old hangar with a piece of a vintage plane in the entrance was perfect. 





The event itself was much smaller than it had been in years past, but that did not mean that the selection was not great, one of the first booths I visited Mystery Mister (www.mysterymister.com) was where I found two wonderful pair of 80’s dead stock aviators.  And yes there as more, I also bought a pair of frames for my Rx from one of my favorite vendors Allyn Scura (allynscura.com). I typically swoon after his spex at the outdoor flea market, and surprisingly this is my first purchase from him.




For you ladies who were there for all things designer or high end MK Retro (www.mkretro.etsy.com) and _MKRETRO_ on Instagram)   who I purchased a cute pair of 70’s wrangler’s jeans from the last time I visited had a gorgeous Channel purse.  There was a vendor with a pair of Christian Dior sunglasses that I managed to not buy (it was a hard battle).  Vintage fellas had everything from Pendleton’s, dress military garb, and causal polo’s to choose from.


This is my all-time favorite item, but my hair is too big for hats Le Sigh. From www.etsy.com/shop/ChickaBoomVintage




Check out more.....






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...