Monday, June 9, 2014

The Dirt Tooth Powder



Brief back story, when I first started to try and “clean up” my life style and go beyond food and start looking at products I used, I also found that the type of toothpaste I used made a huge difference. You see commercial toothpaste that you find at your drugstore is filled with stuff you would want to ingest, and frankly items like fluoride and glycerin that aren’t all that they seem to be for your oral and overall health not to mention the items on the tube you can’t even pronounce. So this put me on a mission to find a great “all natural” toothpaste, I tried the popular brands which were still filled with a lot of junk, and even tried a tooth soap (don’t knock it until you’ve tried it) and now I found the product I’ll stick with, The Dirt!


WHO: The Dirt

WHAT: 
Trace Mineral Tooth Brushing Powder


HOW (it looks, smells, cost etc):
This powder is  a light green (although it may vary), and very fine in nature. It smells reminiscent of Constant Comments Tea and wintertime. Cost $30 for a 51g Jar (which last more than 6 months), and $10 for a 10g pot.  


INGREDIENTS:
Extra Fine Bentonite Clay, Organic Saigon Cinnamon, Baking Soda, Organic Myrrh Gum Powder, Organic Nutmeg, Sweet Orange Essential Oil & Organic Cardamon Essential Oil

WHERE TO BUY:

THE VERDICT: 
I’m a fan of The Dirt, I’ve noticed that my teeth have gotten whiter and that the powder has not caused any sensitivity or worn down my tooth enamel as many would assume ( it actually re-mineralizes you teeth something that drugstore brands can’t do due to all the fillers like glycerin). It does take a bit of getting use to because when you first start it can be a tad messy, and you will miss the later that you get from paste.  It’s also paleo friendly, which is not a requirement for every item in my life but is damn sure a bonus! No question I’d purchase this item in a heartbeat!  







Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars (Great, only 4 starts because the 30 dollars is a bit daunting but it does last 6 months)







FTC: The Dirt was provided to me by the company, however I was not required or paid to write this post and all thoughts and opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...