Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Easy Peasy Pumpkin Soup

Since the fall has arrived ( it's still in the 70's-80's in the Bay Area) I have been gorging myself on the farmer's market and grocery store delights. Did someone say squash, pumpkin spice latte, hell pumpkin everything? I don't think it has been a week that I haven't made something squash or pumpkin related, it's getting pretty silly but I know some of you love it too so I had to share my super easy pumpkin soup recipe.





 Ingredients:

 1 Can of Organic Pumpkin Puree
 1 Coconut Milk (I used light but I prefer full fat)
 2  cups of Chicken Stock ( you can use vegetable stock to make this a vegan/veggie dish)
 Pumpkin Pie Spice (just do it, it adds a little something)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2-3 slices of  Bacon ( Optional/I use duck bacon )


Tools Needed: 

Can Opener
1 Medium Pot
Cookie Sheet



Directions:

Bake the bacon in the oven on the cookie sheet until crispy, crumble and set aside
On the stove over medium heat add you chicken stock, coconut milk, and Pumpkin Pie Spice, and mix until spice is well blended. Add the pumpkin puree and stir vigorously (once it's heated a bit it will break down). Bring the soup to a  low boil, then reduced the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.

Serve is a bowl or if you have it a hollowed out mini pumpkin and sprinkle the homemade bacon bits on top.

Is That Paleo? YES! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...