Thursday, September 5, 2013

ACE Pumpkin Hard Cider



As I walked through the check out aisle at Trader Joe's I was as most of us always are taunted by items we really don't need. This time it was a very unique cider, from ACE  that caught my attention, and that I decided against my budget to buy. I didn't fall in love with ACE's Pumpkin Hard Cider like I assumes I would (I love all things pumpkin), but I do have to say I like it. This uniquely colored deep caramel toned, very lightly carbonated 5% Alcohol/Volume cider is much more like a traditional hot mulled apple cider with a hint of pumpkin spice added than a cider made with actual pumpkin, which is probably why I was overall a smidge disappointed. Don't get me wrong it's good, but I've been drinking a lot more cider now that I'm eating paleo (no grains, gluten, legumes  processed foods etc) so I've tastes some really good ones recently. Overall I'd give this one a 6.5 out of 10, with a 5 for  flavor, 8 for smell and appearance and a 10 for for cost. Bonus points for the fact that I like the other ACE ciders made by The California Cider Company, right out of Northern California's Sebastopol.  

I'd try it again if I was in a particular mood for something more sweet, or wanted to bring something different to one of the holiday parties that's on the horizon. 

Pairings:
Anything salty (chips etc.) 

Ingredients:
Fermented apple juice, carbonated water, apple concentrate as a natural sweetener  natural flavors, malic acid, sulfite (preservative).

(See no actual pumpkin what gives?)

Where to Buy:


Trader Joe's $2.99 or check out ACE's store locator

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...