Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bulletproof Coffee

This summer a lot has changed for me, I’ve started crossfit and became a paleo eater (more on that in upcoming post). In becoming paleo I  changed my eating habits which have eliminated all grains, legumes, gluten, and refined sugars from my diet (ok except for a cheat meal, and a beer on the weekend) but what it will never eliminate is a staple to my happiness coffee!  




When I saw the term “bulletproof coffee” popping up on my favorite paleo instrgram feed, and paleo food blogs I had to know more.  Bullet Proof coffee is ideal, for someone who is working hard in the arena of fitness, because of the healthy fats in the grass fed butter (just think of it as cream without all the gunk and preservatives), the MCT (used in fitness to decrease body fat while increasing lean muscle and also is used to treat celiac disease, and stomach/bowel absorption disorders) that occurs naturally in coconut oil and of course the general tasty goodness of coffee you will get fat burning benefit along with an energy boost.
Check out Bulletproof exec to learn how this type of coffee/tea has been used for centuries and he’s also pretty much the guru of Bullet Proof coffee.
video

Ingredients:
·         3 Tablespoons of high quality (preferably single origin) coffee beans
·         2 cups water
·         1 to 2 tablespoons grass feed butter
·         1 to 2 tablespoons coconut oil
*I use a mason jar so that I don’t have to blend my coffee

Instructions:
·         Place butter and oil in a glass
*I use a mason jar so that I do not have to use a blender to mix my coffee just good old fashion arm muscled
·         Brew Coffee
·         Add coffee to the jar and shake!


I’ll be trying bullet proof coffee with  an MCT liquid supplement  (in place of the coconut oil) this upcoming week.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...