Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Shoptalk : Our House Designs




I’m very lucky with the connections I make via meeting people through this site at events I get invited to. Last year I got to meet the proprietor of Joules Jewels Vintage which meant I also followed her blog. One day I came upon one of the most amazing accessories I’d seen in a while, and I was pleased to find out that it was from a Bay Area based brand called Our House Design. Our House Design is the perfect blend of a  vintage shop and also creates its own wonderful accessories. Victoria Nicoll is the designer and curator behind the brand, who pieces and designs are clearly inspired by the 60’s and 70’s. Victoria’s wants “Our House seeks to combine vintage pieces with handmade jewelry and art for the ultimate balance of cuteness and cool. “  I definitely think she does that with ease, and sophistication.



The item that first drew me to Our House Design and that I’m totally obsessing over is the Feather bow ties. Each tie is handmade of the finest feathers, which are combined with upcycled leather to create the ultimate in accessories. The bow ties, and bow necklaces range from $40-$50 and soon will be a mix-and-match interface where you can customize your own bow with your desired feather and leather center color as well as choice of necklace, neck strap, or hair barrettes. For the fall also be on the lookout for earrings, and shades of scarlet, and champagne. 



You can purchase Our House Design on their Etsy site, and find out more about the line on the blog, and Facebook page. 

Photos Courtesy of Our House Design

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...