Monday, July 2, 2012

Beauty Quickie: Julep Lip Vernis


WHO:  Julep 

WHAT:
Julep Lip Vernis

HOW (it looks, smells , cost etc):
Julep is a nail polish brand, which has a box services called Julep Maven that sends polishes home monthly. For the July box they also sent a Lip Vernis (aka Lip gloss). The Julep Lip Vernis is a creamy formulation, which is has a extremely opaque look in the container and on the brush (actual  brush and not cotton bulb). I love that the  gloss glides on smoothly and leaves no tacky feel to your lips, it's also not as overly pigmented as it seems as the container it's a true lip gloss. The scent is reminiscent of cotton candy, which I really don't mind and it comes in various colors. The Price point is $18 but if you are a Julep Maven member it will be less, a little pricey but not a shocking amount in comparison.


INGREDIENTS: 
Free of parabens, and , sulphates. Cruelty Free
Hydrogenated polisobutene, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene/Proplene/Sytrene copolymer, Castor Oil, Pentaerythrithy Tetraisostearate, Octyldodecyl/PPG-3 Myristyl Ether Dimer Dilinoleate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Vitamin E, Flavor, Calcium sodium Borosilicate

WHERE TO BUY:
Julep.com 


THE VERDICT:  
Over all I really liked the lip gloss, and the color I was sent  as a part of my monthly Julep Maven package is called Poppy and perfect for me. The line just debut this month so I can't wait for them to add more colors to the line, and I hope they offer more in the Julep Maven packages, because I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay $18 (even with my discount) for a lip gloss.  Great formulation, scent, and excellent feel on the lips and all around great lip gloss. 

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars (Great)


P.S. more on Julep Maven....


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...