Thursday, July 5, 2012

Beauty Find of the Week: Christophe Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner


I’m very rarely sent product out of the blue, and just because I am sent products doesn’t mean I’ll always review them especially if its hair care. As a woman of color with relaxed hair, I just don’t place any product in my hair, and tend to use products geared towards women of color (both relaxed and natural hair products), so when I was sent the Christophe Professional Haircare Glossing Shampoo and Glossing Conditioner I put my guard up. Christophe is a renowned hairstylist and has been in the business since 1985, he has grown a Beverley Hills business with celebrity clientele to a worldwide company with salons from D.C. to Saint Barth. He’s now even grown his line to cosmetics and has brought his professional hair care line to CVS.

Now on to the product I had the chance to use Christophe’s Glossing Shampoo and Glossing Conditioner  3 times, once by my stylist at the salon and twice on my own at home with the same wonderful results.  Both the shampoo and conditioner have an orange hue, and have a slightly fruity fragrance that dissipates quickly and doesn’t linger in your hair after it dries. The shampoo was easy to use and lathered well; my hair was squeaky clean after use. The conditioner was the most AMAZING thing I’ve ever experienced, it literally soften my hair immediately. I typically use a large tooth comb to detangle my hair with conditioner in it with Christophe’s Glossing Conditioner I didn’t have to, I just worked the product through my hair and it detangled on its own.  Words can’t really described how much I love it, by far the best conditioner I’ve used to date, and highly recommended for very thick/coarse hair which tends to be hard to handle when wet.  When my hair stylist used the products on my she said, “Oh you can tell the conditioner is working, I don’t even have to put you under the dryer with this” and “your hair is shiny, and fluffy”.   An added bonus for me, which wasn’t listed as one of the goals of this product was it cut down on my dandruff and scalp issues dramatically. The key ingredients to both are Argan Oil ( which I swear by) and Monoi oil which are both super hydrating and has you hair shiny and glimmering in the light, but also protects your locks from UV rays.


L to R Glossing Shampoo and Glossing Conditioner



You can find Christophe Professional Haircare line at CVS or purchase his Summer Solstice Suite which includes the Glossing Shampoo, Conditioner, and Volumizing Spray Tonic for just $15.  And coming in 2013 the line will be expanding to other retail outlets, I’ll be sure to keep you posted. Happy Shopping! 




Disclaimer: The product used for this post was provided toBay Area Style File by the manufacture/PR company.

1 comment:

Meg {henninglove} said...

i absolutely recommend cristophe's line especially their hydrating shampoo and conditioner. that is what i use daily. i stepped into cvs this morning and i didn't see it on their sales i hope they don't stop selling his line i love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...