Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Beauty Quickie: butter London Lippy


WHAT:
Lip Gloss

HOW (it looks, smells , cost etc):
This creamy shiny lip gloss is very rich in pigment and is true to the color you see in the tube. The scent however is a cross between floral and chemical. The lip gloss was formulated to be lacquer like to match with the brands nail polish line, which results an a formulation that is a little sticky.  The lines price is competitive, but still in the high range for a beauty product $17

KEY INGREDIENTS: 
Free of parabens, petroleum, phthalates, sulphates, or bismuth.(Cruelty Free)

WHERE TO BUY:
butterlondon.com, Macy's, and Nordstrom


THE VERDICT:  
Over all the Lippy was nice, and I can see myself purchasing another. I do have to say I was a little scared of how bright the color was but at the same time pleased to get such a truly colorful lip gloss.  To be honest it's more it's more a cross between lip gloss and lipstick. The only true draw back is the smell, and the lack of color range. As a women of color this line lacks variety, the pink color (Snog) I purchased is not for everyone, and is the only color I see that would even be somewhat appropriate for various darker skin tones. I'm sure butter London will expand the line, and I hope they keep this in mind. 

Overall Rating: 3 out of 5 Stars (Good)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...