Monday, April 2, 2012

Beauty Find of The Week: butter LONDON Lippy



I'm glad to know some rumors are true. I'd been hearing the buzz on the devout beauty blogs that butter LONDON was branching out from nail polish into other cosmetics, namely lip gloss. Soon after hearing the blog buzz I saw it on twitter, and it was confirmed by an actual tweet from the @butterLONDON account. Well today is the day that the Lippy (butter LONDON's posh name for lip gloss) debuts on their site. As with a lot of there items the Lippy is only available in the US (online anyway). There are 4 colors in the debut collection which all have a predecessor in the form of nail polish, Primerose Hill Picnic ( my first butter LONDON nail color), Teddy Girl, Trout Pout, Snog, and Yummy Mummy.

I'm making my first purchase today, I was going to get Yummy Mummy as I thought it was going to be a deeper brown, however I think it may be too white for my skin tone so I'll be purchasing "Snog". Since I'm making my first purchase today, I can't give you all the details on the texture,consistency, smell, how long it last etc, but as soon as I get it in my hands I'll make sure I follow up with a post. I doubt I'll be disappointed by butter LONDON makes my favorite nail polish ( next to my own Lacquery), so I'm sure they have raised the bar with the nail polish. I'm interested to see what polishes they will turn into LIPPY's next.

 Primerose Hill Picnic



Here's what butter LONDON says about it's LIPPY lip gloss:

Introducing LIPPY by butter LONDON. LIPPY is a range of long-wearing, lacquer-like lip glosses in shades to match our famous nail lacquers. Like the butter LONDON nail lacquers, LIPPY colours are rich and heavily pigmented for a look that is deliberate, high fashion, and luxe. LIPPY does not contain parabens, petroleum, phthalates, sulphates, or bismuth. If you’re being LIPPY, look the part.

photo credit: butter LONDON

1 comment:

Sarade said...

These are gorgeous shades, and I love the names, too! I can never have enough options for glosses and nail polish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...