Monday, July 25, 2011

Beauty Find of the Week: Miss Jessie's Crème de la Curl Cleansing Crème




Photo Credit: Miss Jessie's





I know it's been a while since I've done a hair post, the primary reason is since I cut my hair short I've been going to the hair salon to maintain my style, and not doing at home. I know some of you are confused by that, but for me it's much harder to wash and style my chemically relaxed short hair than my chemically relaxed medium length hair ( I'm in the process of growing it out). You may also notice my awesome new hair color for the summer. Okay now back to the story, I decided to take a leap and wash/style my hair myself even though I knew it was going to be much more difficult. I was out of shampoo and since my hair is now colored I needed to make a decision on what would not only be healthy for my often flaky, peeling scalp ( thanks psoriasis), but also something that wouldn't strip my hair of it's natural oils, or the color. I know many of you have seen the infomercial in which a cleanser that does not lather is used and is touted as one of the best cleansers for hair not only on the infomercial but by many magazines, including one of my favorite Jones Magazine. Unfortunately I was not in the position to wait until a shipment came so I found something very similar by a brand I trust, Miss Jessie's, Crème de la Curl Cleansing Crème.




Before: Hate this picture, love my hair color



Many of you have seen me mention Miss Jessie's before, and most of the products in the line are geared towards the natural curly haired girls, not only African American, but all who have curly hair. So why would I try a product in the line, if my hair is chemically straighten? Well, Crème de la Curl Cleansing Crème is formulated for curly hair, but also chemically treated, colored hair, and much more. The super thick , creamy baby blue formula is NOT a shampoo ( hence no lather), yet it is designed to cleanse your hair and scalp without stripping you hair of oils, leaving residue, or stripping color. The thick formula is also helpful when trying to detangle and manage for thick hair, curly hair, or the general bad hair day hair. Overall the product delivered exactly what it said, my hair color remained vibrant, my hair was noticeably clean, and my scalp was free of flakes.



Me post wash and dry ( sorry the lighting didn't do justice for my hair color)





Pros:

- Easily Accessible. Sold at Target
- Lives up to claims
- Cleanses scalp and hair equally
- Held a curl even after sleeping on it over night
- Can be used on all types of hair

Cons:
- Fragrance ( a cross between laundry detergent and downy)
- Price $16.99 for 12 oz

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...