Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Shoe Find of the Week: Swedish Hasbeens Grandma Boot


Why I’m obsessed with a pair of shoes named Grandma Boot I have no clue. I’ve actually been generally obsessed with the entire Swedish Hasbeens line of clogs, which well aren’t your Grandma’s clogs. The line mixes traditional Swedish Clogs with modern uppers, anywhere from a loafer to a strappy sandal. The Grandma boot is similar to boots they’ve made in the past and are a clear nod to Doc Marten ( which I also love by the way) but for me it’s all about the beautiful creamy leather and the pop of color with the red laces. I also know after this Bay Area rain the sun will emerge with a warm and wonderful Spring/Summer season, and these boots, yes boots are perfect for it. The cream boot could be matched with a long maxi dress in homage to Seattle Grunge, or with a pair of vintage Levi shorts/jeans and a simple tank top. They are a little pricey at $329 which is probably a reflection of the fact that Swedish Hasbeens are made eco friendly in the same small factory as they were 30 plus years ago. I’m counting my pennies, and saving up for these babies.

You can find the Grandma Boot at Urban Outfitters or the Bay Area’s own Tobi.
photo cred: Urban Outfitters

1 comment:

CoreyTess.com said...

Hi, I have you on my "blogs i read and i follow you" would appreciate your returning the favor.. check my blog out at http://style-magnet.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...