Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Beauty Find of the Week: Macadamia Natural Oil

top left to right: Macadamia Nourishing Leave- In, Healing Oil Treatment, Deep Repair Masque

I came to learn about a great hair care product as I do with many things on twitter. I saw that Tracey Ferguson EIC of Jones Magazine used it Macadamia Natural Oil, and so I had to find out more. After contacting the company they graciously sent me a few samples of its Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment, Macadamia Nourishing Leave-In Cream, and Macadamia Deep Repair Masque. The Macadamia Healing Oil treatment is the foundation of the brand it’s an oil but its lightweight, a conditioner, detangler, and also a natural UV protectant. Another thing about the oil treatment is its multi purpose and can be use on wet/dry hair, as an add on to a color treatment, as a stand alone conditioner/oil treatment or can be used in combination with the other products in the line. The Macadamia Deep Repair Masque is a powerful product that deeply conditions, improves shine, and your hair’s overall resilience. The last product was the Macadamia Nourishing Leave-In Cream and I have to be honest this one scared me, because leave-in's tend to weight your hair down, and leave it unnaturally oily, this was not the case with the Macadamia Oil product, my hair was left soft and smooth, and UV protected.

Hair post wash: Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque mix with Healing Oil Treatment, Nourishing Leave-In Cream and blow dry

Now I know some of you are asking what makes this product so special well it’s made of Macadamia Nut Oil from the South Pacific as well as one of my favorite products Argan Seed Oil. Now while I’ve told you lots about Argan Oil, you may not know that Macadamia Oil is the closest thing to the oils naturally produced by our skin, and contains essential fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins that not only coat but go deep into your hair which in combination with the wonders of Argan Oil help eliminate frizz, softens, UV protects, increases elasticity, conditions, and much more.


post- instyler
Pros:
-Less shedding during blow-drying, and for days after
-Cuts down on my blow drying time
-Hair Holds curl for a longer time
-Lots of body/movement
Cons:
-A little pricey about $28 dollars (average) for a medium size container of product
-Not as much shine to my hair as I would’ve liked
- Not All Natural
You can find Macadamia Natural Oil online at their store, or at an Ulta Beauty, which has several Bay Area locations. Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...