Monday, August 2, 2010

Accessory Find of the Week: Warby Parker



Let me just first say that I’m an eyeglass wearer ( I wear contacts too), and I’ve always been an advocate for glasses much like sunglasses should be considered not just a necessity, but a fashion accessory. Too often even with insurance fashionable glasses cost a pretty penny, but Warby Parker has turned that around by offering boutique quality, stylish and fashionable glasses at a fraction of the price. Warby Parker, which is named after two characters (Warby Pepper and Zagg Parker) from the early writings of Jack Kerouac, is the collaboration between four friends (Andy, Dave, Jeff, and Neil) who've gone against the eyewear establishment to create quality eyewear without the inflated cost. The lines first collection includes a limited run of 27 pieces of eyewear for men and women as well as a monocle which are all classic styles with a modern, fashionable edge. Each pair of glasses comes with anti-reflective, polycarbonate prescription lenses, and are priced at $95, yes with the actual prescription lenses they are still $95 dollars, and for those of you who don’t need glasses you can get them without a Rx for the same price.


Of course I’m not raving about them without first hand knowledge, I actually bought a pair of the Fillmores in Revolver Black ( next I’m getting a pair of the Huxleys) and I love them, I’ve even put aside my big name designer frames because my Warby Parker’s are just so much more my style. I was delighted when I got my glasses they came in a wonderful grey box, which housed a beautiful case with a fun turquoise blue interior, as well as a note from the 4 founders which said “ Thank you! For every pair of glasses you purchase, a pair is donated to someone in need. We want you to love your glasses. If there is anything else that we can do please don’t hesitate to call us…..” no expense was spared on the presentation, and thoughtfulness.
And yes you read that right other than the fact that I have affordable and stylish glasses, I think my favorite thing about Warby Parker is they give back, for each pair of glasses sold a pair is donated via the Buy a Pair Give a Pair program which assist people in need worldwide. So if you’re in the market for a new pair of glasses or a cool accessory take a look at Warby Parker. HAPPY SHOPPING!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...