Monday, June 14, 2010

Cute Collabo: Urban Outfitters and NYX

Not just violets, but a cool gold and black too!




Why oh why did Urban Outfitters decide to open up its very own beauty department? UO’s beauty is filled with lines that we have all heard of, as well as some emerging ones that I’m excited to try. My first UO beauty purchase was from the NYX, which is an established brand but one that has been difficult for me to find in Northern California. NYX is named after the Greek goddess of night, but you can definitely wear this makeup in the daylight too. I would compare NYX to MAC due to it’s wide range of shades, unique formulations of products, and if you don't believe me ask RuPaul who switched from MAC to NYX as the go to makeup for the queens on season 2 of RuPaul’s Drag Race. The one difference between NYX and MAC is the price all the makeup items (including lashes) range from $3-$8.75 and there are even a couple big ticket items, train cases $85-500 and a brush set for $90. I can’t wait until more NYX items are added to the UO beauty collection, and I also can't wait to try some of the other emerging lines!


A peek inside my UO beauty bag:

NYX Slim Eye Pencil in Sapphire
NYX Glitter Eye liner in Gold
NYX Glitter Eye liner in Disco Queen
NYX Glitter Cream Palette in Royal Violets
Total including taxes $20.33

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...