Monday, April 19, 2010

Q and A: Josie Maran (Josie Maran Cosmetics)




There are so many model/actresses with clothing lines out now, but there are very few model/actress with beauty lines. Josie Maran is just one such model/actress with a beauty line, and her line isn’t just full of great colors, and wonderful products, but Josie Maran Cosmetics the is fully eco friendly (organic/natural components are uses), even the containers are 100% recyclable, and yes the products are cruelty free. The line is truly “luxury with a conscience” which isn’t surprising since Josie is from the Bay Area (Menlo Park/Palo Alto) , so I’m even more excited to introduce items from her line to you, but first let’s find out what Josie thinks herself…….

BASF: Since you are a model, what made you do beauty line and not fashion?

Josie: I'm really into natural beauty, enhancing what a woman has rather than creating a whole new persona - and I feel like there are plenty of ways to do that with the fashion options out there, but not so with makeup. I make my line as natural as possible, bypassing all the preservatives, fillers, petrochemicals and toxins in most mainstream makeup. I use a lot of natural oils and colors, and I focus on ways to enhance a woman's inherent beauty rather than selling an 'illusion'.



BASF: When you aren’t overly busy running your business, what are some of your favorite things to do?


Josie: I have a 3 year-old daughter so I love spending all my time with her. We walk in the hills near our house, go horseback riding, take trips to the beach. We like to do art projects together or work in the garden. She's definitely my inspiration!




BASF: If you weren’t in the Fashion/Beauty Industry what would you be doing?


Josie: I would probably be working for a non-profit like Global Green USA or teaching. Or be blissing out on a beach somewhere tropical!!




BASF: Why are organic/natural beauty products important?


Josie: Our skin absorbs the things we put on it and filters it into our bloodstream. I think that the fewer petrochemicals, preservatives, and toxins we put into our bodies, the healthier and more beautiful we look and feel. Plus, with the natural moisturizers like Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Avocado Oil that I put in my line, you are actually helping your skin while wearing makeup. Win, win!





BASF: What are your favorite Josie Maran Beauty products and why?


Josie: I love the Tinted Moisturizer. It's such an easy beauty trick. It moisturizes, gives you coverage, and SPF in one simple step. I also love my Cream Blush for a dewey glow. The Argan Primer Mist has really impressed me. Not only does it prime for beautiful makeup application, but it's actually been clearing up my skin! However, my absolute favorite right now are the new Magic Marker Lip and Cheek Stains. They are sugar based, delightfully colorful, and stay on ALL DAY! Love it!

7 comments:

Monica @ Beauty Parler said...

Great interview! Josie seems down-to-earth & her makeup line is great too.

Monica @ Beauty Parler said...

Great interview! Josie seems so down-to-earth & her makeup is great too:)

Marissa said...

Where is this line sold? I feel like I keep hearing about it, but I'm not sure I've ever seen it. I definitely need to check out those lip/cheek markers, though.

Kasey said...

Marissa the line is sole on Josie Maran's site itself and at Sephora, the lipstain howerver is exclusive to Sephora.

Sonja said...

Wonderful interview! Josie's line is great!

Laura Connell said...

It is very nice to see Josie using her celebrity to promote natural beauty and the environment.

hassam said...

Wonderful interview! Josie's line is great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...