Thursday, February 11, 2010

Beauty Find of the Week: MAC Viva Glam Cyndi


photo cred: MAC Cosmetics
Like many of you when it comes to lip color I tend to never stray from the same color family, for me it’s a makeup shelf ( yeah I have way too much) of neutrals, bronzes, browns, and gold tones galore. Well MAC's newest Viva Glam (released yesterday) featuring Lady GaGa and Cyndi Lauper has changed my boring neutral lip forever. While I love Lady GaGa the musican to death, Viva Glam Gaga while fabulous was just too pale of a pink for my skin but Viva Glam Cyndi a beautiful deep rosey pink with a nod to coral was perfection. Yesterday I went to the closet MAC free standing store and had a wonderful artist apply Viva Glam Cyndi for me and I have to say this is the first time I’ve tried on a lipstick outside of my color/comfort zone and loved how it looked and bought it immediately. It also looked even more fun and vibrant when the artist added a Steppin' Out Dazzleglass atop of it, which I’ll be rocking at night!




Cyndi on top, and Steppin' Out on bottom. P.S. this is my first swatch!

What some of you may not know about Viva Glam is that not only is it beautiful but 100% yes 100% of all proceeds (they are $14.00 dollars a tube) go to the MAC AIDS Fund to support the fight against HIV/AIDS. The MAC AIDS Fund (along with the introduction of Viva Glam colors) was established in 1994 and supports all people world wide affected by HIV/AIDS. To date MAC has launched 11 Viva Glam shades including two glosses and has made over 160 million dollars, although I’m sure with the launch of yesterdays two colors which feature a music legend and soon to be legend it’s going to be way more. Happy Shopping!


Look what I got yeahhh!

1 comment:

elledee said...

ooo that's gorgeous! I love your review

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...