Monday, July 20, 2009

Q&A: Faryl Robin


Remember about a month or so ago when I was raving about the Poppy Shoe by Faryl Robin, well I still love that shoe as well as the designer behind the shoes Faryl Robin Morse. I’ve always been a person who loves to put a face with the name and it’s even more rewarding when you’re putting a face to a brand that you absolutely adore. Faryl was kind enough to answer a few questions for me as well as for you enjoy……..




If you weren’t in the fashion industry what would you be doing?
Faryl: I would be traveling the world with a sarong, a bikini, a fishing pole and my family!What inspired you to do footwear design?
Faryl: I discovered my passion for shoes at the age of sixteen. Born and raised in Manhattan, I got my first retail sales job while in High school. I was immediately taken with how happy women are when they buy cool shoes. I loved the idea that one day I would be the facilitator of this kind of happiness. Let's face it, designing shoes is a very cool job.
When you aren’t overly busy running your business, what are some of your favorite things to do?
Faryl: Spending quality chill time with my family. I work a lot and travel often so I really appreciate every minute I have with my kids and my husband Nick.
The 5 Fashion/Beauty items you can’t live without?
Faryl:
1. A great watch
2. A great scent
3. Sexy but comfortable lingerie
4. A pair of shoes for ALL occasions, because shoes tell the world your story
5. La Mer face cream
Inspirations, references, or underlying themes we can look forward to in the future of the Farylrobin brand?
Faryl:· Romantic looks that are sweet, but by no means fragile
· Pragmatic fashion, but not at the sacrifice of what's pretty
· Architectural and fluid shapes bold in color and print
· Casual that feels casual again, and while it's more varied than ever, there is an unmistakable 80's vibe
photo cred: Faryl Robin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...